2022-23 RULES AND BYLAWS
TAOS ADULT BASKETBALL LEAGUE RULES
General. National Federation of High School (NFHS) rules and regulations will govern the league with modifications.
Team or players: NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO PLAY WITHOUT BEING REGISTERED AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY OF TABL AND GOVERNING BODY.
ELIGIBILITY A PLAYERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE IN GAMES WITH TABL AND HAVE SIGNED THE ROSTER.
ANY PLAYER NOT REGISTERED AND PLAYS IN ANY GAME IS SUBJECT TO FORFEIT THE GAME BEFORE OR AFTER THE INFRACTION TAKES PLACE.
A player can be added to the roster before TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS of the end of season and pay the $50 player fee
EACH TEAM RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR THE SEASON HAS A DEADLINE TO ADD TO ROSTER BY THE END OF REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
THEY MUST SIGN THE ROSTER AND PAY THE $50 FEE NO EXCEPTION
GAME PLAY Scheduled time is game time.
OFFICIALS & MONITORS are staff of the TABL and will uphold the rules & regulations that govern the league. Two officials and one or two scorekeeper and timekeeper will be available for games. One person on the court must be deemed team captain. This person is the only one who may speak with officials regarding ruling questions and interpretations.
INTENTIONAL, FLAGRANT, TECHNICAL and UNSPORTMANSHIP FOULS CAPTAINS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THEIR TEAM PLAYERS. Intentional, flagrant, or technical fouls are penalized accordingly. Flagrant fouls are grounds for ejection from the game, a player receiving an UNSPORTMANSHIP foul will be ejected from play. This will include the end of that game plus the following game. After two unsportmanship fouls the will be suspended from the league play.
1. Players must at all times, conduct themselves as courteous, responsible adults and must display good sportsmanship while at the TABL/hosting basketball venue.
2. Fighting is strictly prohibited at the hosting basketball site. Anyone involved in physical altercations will be subject to review by the director and assistant director. All parties involved will be subject to penalties including but not limited disciplinary action and suspension for a period determined by TABL.
3. While at the TABL/hosting site, any team member involved in any abusive conduct towards officials, players, or any other person with actions including but not limited to; physical violence, threats of violence, repeated swearting, drinking, public intoxication, or any other conduct deemed unsafe or unsportsmanlike, will be subject to disciplinary action including but not limited to suspension for a perios determined by TABL, Director, assistant director and/ or TABL Officials.
4. Any member of TABL engaging in aggressive behavior, threats of and/or physical violence towards any TABL, Director and Assistant Director or TABL official will be banned from participation in TABL season for a minimum of 1 FUll year from the date of occurrance.
5. Any suspended or banned player shall not be permitted to participate in any game, tournament, or event sponsored by the TABL.
The National High School Federation rules and regulations will apply to all TABL season games and or TABL tournament or function.
Players must be at the gym ready to play by scheduled game time, recommend at least 30 minutes half hour before game time ready to play ball.
All games will consist of four (4) 8 minutes quarters. The clock will stop on all time outs, and all violations and dead balls.
Overtime will consist of a 3 minute period. The clock will stop on all violations and time outs and dead balls.
Halftime shall be no longer than 3 minute. At least a 5 minute pregame warm-up will be given if games are running behind schedule. Not games will start before their schedule time unless agreed to by both coaches.
A total of (2) 30 second time outs per half and a floating time out will be allowed to each team per game. One (1) time out per team will be awarded for each oevertime period. There will be no carry over of time outs to the three minute overtime period.
(2) two direct technical fouls during a game on any player, coach, or team representative and fans of each team will result in their disqualification for the rest of the game or tournament with a one game suspension to follow of their next game. (1) flagrant technical foul will result in an automatic player ejection plus two free throws and possession of the ball to the opposing team.
A team must have five (4) players to begin at the start of the game and can end a contest with one.